Welcome

WELCOME !!!!!!

Please take a look and offer any comments you might have. You can leave comments here, or email me: byhaugh1@mac.com

Thank You,
Byron

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Biot Bodied CDC BWO Emerger




It is amazing how we fly fishers/fly tiers use abreviations. I caught myself as I put the title of this fly above. It does use a CDC (cul de canard) feather; and it is tied to represent a BWO (Blue-Winged Olive) - Baetis. Reminds me of fishing the Box Canyon of the Henrys Fork years ago. I came upon the three Barker Brothers who were also fishing. I knew them well and yelled out: "What are you fishing?" Bruce yelled back: "GRHE"! He laughed. He was fishing a Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear nymph!!!

Anyway, I am preparing for an April trip to a spring creek in Missouri. I expect that there will be a Blue-Winged Olive hatch to some extent at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment