Welcome

WELCOME !!!!!!

Please take a look and offer any comments you might have. You can leave comments here, or email me: byhaugh1@mac.com

Thank You,
Byron

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Soft Hackle with a Bead Head



This is my Soft Hackle that I have been fishing since the early 90's. It has been the most productive fly I have used for all the years since. I usually fish it without a bead head, but sometimes, when the water is fast/deep, the bead head gets it where it needs to be.

This fly is most productive on the wet fly swing. If you see rises, just position yourself and lay your cast so that the upswing occurs near the rise. If using the fly without a bead head, just false cast to dry it off and fish it dry to a rising fish.

Smaller sizes work, but the size 14 has been the most productive size for this fly.

The original non-bead head pattern:


No comments:

Post a Comment